The following companies are generously supporting the OSI.
Interested in sponsoring, or partnering with, the OSI? We hope you'll review our sponsorship opportunities, and contact the OSI to find out more about how your company can promote open source development, communities and software.
Craigslist | Facebook | Google | Hewlett Packard Enterprise | IBM | USB Memory Direct
Black Duck Software | Deciso | Engineering Group / SpagoBI | Linux Foundation | Mozilla Foundation | Twitter
While the OSI is very grateful for their support, the OSI does not endorse these or any other companies.
The Open Source Initiative (OSI)
- California 501(c)3 non-profit raising awareness and adoption of open source software (OSS) through advocacy, education and building bridges between communities.
- The pragmatic community organization that understands how developers, businesses, governments, and open source interact.
- Steward of the Open Source Definition, globally recognized body for approving OSS licenses.
- Corporate use of, and participation in open source development is vital to overall success.
- Provide a open and transparent mechanism to allow corporations to show support for open source software, its development, and the activities of the OSI.
- Increase the diversity of stakeholders and viewpoints within the OSI & among OSS community.
- Raise funds for the operations of the OSI.
Use of Funds
- Continue OSI's core activities per our Bylaws: education, advocacy, community building ...and, of course, continue our license certification programs.
- Mature as a sustainable organization ensuring operational constancy and program continuity.
- Maintain a (small) professional staff.
- Corporate support consists of annual donations to the OSI.
- Contributions vary by the annual corporate revenue from the total of all affiliated companies.
- Sponsorship tiers makes it affordable for smaller companies to show their support of the OSI.
- Our goal is to create a large and diverse corporate membership.
Annual Corporate Revenues Annual Donation
|Greater than $250 million...||$20,000|
|Greater than $100 million but less than or equal to $250 million||$15,000|
|Greater than $50 million but less than or equal to $100 million||$10,000|
|Greater than $10 million but less than or equal to $50 million||$7,500|
|Less than or equal to $10 million||$5,000|
|Less than $1 million and not more than ten employees or contractors on staff||$1,000|