The OSI and the OSI Board of Directors are involved in a variety of events around the globe. You can see upcoming (and past) events where the OSI will or has participated as well as events and activities of the OSI Affiliate Membership and our Sponsors.
- October 18 - 20, All Things Open, Raleigh, NC
- September 9-11, 2020, State of the Source Summit, Virtual Event hosted by the Open Source Initiative (...Hey, that's us!)
- September 14, 2020, ACT-W: Seattle, Seattle, WA USA
- July 7 - 8, Siemens internal “Open Source Officers”. Virtual Event.
- July 14 - 17, DrupalCon Global: The Open Source Digital Experience Conference, Online Everywhere Venue: Virtual Conference.
- May 16, ACT-W: Austin, Austin TX, USA
- April 24 - 26, Linuxfest Northwest, Bellingham Technical College, 3028 Lindbergh Ave. Bellingham, WA USA
- November 15 - 16, SFSCON, Bozen, South Tyrol, Italy
- Patrick Masson, Simon Phipps
- November 4-6, OpenStack Foundation's Open Infrastructure Summit, Shanghai (China),
- October 30 - November 1, Open Information Security Foundation's Suricon, Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam.
- October 28 - 30, Linux Foundation's Open Source Summit Europe (OSSEU), Lyon, France
- Patrick Masson
- October 17 - 19: sysarmy's, nerdear.la, Sarmiento 3131, Centro Cultural Kónex, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- October 13 - 15, All Thing's Open, Raleigh, NC.
- Patrick Masson
- OSI Affiliate Brandeis University
- October 2-3, Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS) 4th Annual Research Symposium, Baskin School of Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- August 14-18, Wikimania 2019, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- August 14-15, Wikimania Hackathon, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- July 15 - 18, OSCON, Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
- OSI Directors, Molly de Blnc, Patrick Masson
- June 20, OpenExpo, La Nave Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Hong Phuc Dang
- OSI Members get 100% discount on conference registration.
- June 5, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m., Powering Potential Annual Fundraiser, NoMad Studio, 29 W. 39th Street, 10th Fl in NYC.
- June 2 - 6: Apereo Foundation's, Open Apereo, Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- May 29-30: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference, Austin, Texas.
- May 26 - 27: 15th Annual International Conference on Open Source Systems, the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, in Montréal, Canada.
- Fabio Kon, Patrick Masson, Tony Wasserman
- April 26 - 28: Linuxfest Northwest, Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, WA, USA
- Molly de Blanc, Carol Smith
- April 13: Linux Professional Institute presents at, OpenCamp, Bratislava, Slovakia
- April 8 - 12: Drupal Association's, DrupalCon Seattle, Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA, USA
- March 12 - 14: Linux Foundation's Open Source Leadership Summit, Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Half Moon Bay, California, USA
- Carol Smith
- March 11: Open Source Initiative's, Hunter College, City University of New York, 695 Park Ave New York, NY USA
- Patrick Masson (CSci 395.86 Open Source Software Development)
- March 11: Open Source Initiative's, New York University, New York, NY USA
- Patrick Masson
- February 4: Software Conservancy's, CopyleftConf, DigitYser, Boulevard d’Anvers 40, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
- Molly de Blanc (Keynote: The Margins of Software Freedom)
- Richard Fontana,
- Carol Smith,
- Italo Vignoli (Copyleft: Overcoming the resistance to change to FOSS)
- February 2 & 3: FOSDEM, Campus du Solbosch, Av. F. D. Roosevelt 50, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
- Molly de Blanc (Legal & Policy DevRoom)
- Richard Fontana (Legal & Policy DevRoom),
- Carol Smith (ClearlyDefined)
- Italo Vignoli (Legal & Policy DevRoom, Open Document Editors DevRoom)
- February 1: Open Source Initiative's, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), 110 Eighth Street Troy, NY USA
- Patrick Masson (Rensselaer Center for Open Source)
If you're interested in finding events related to open source--including those sponsored by the OSI--we recommend reviewing the links below.
* PLEASE NOTE: As OSI Board Directors are volunteers, participation in the events listed here may not be as a representative of the Open Source Initiative, but rather their employer, or another organization (e.g. open source project, community/advocacy group, etc.).