Becoming an OSI Individual Member provides several benefits. From an organizational and operational perspective, Individual Members enjoy a direct role in defining the direction and identifying the leadership of the OSI. Each year OSI Individual Members may nominate and vote for OSI Board Directors, as well as run for a Director seat themselves. With five members of the Board representing the Individual Membership, as a constituent you're a vital part of the OSI and the open source community.
In addition to your role within OSI governance and leadership, OSI Individuals also receive several premiums through our Affiliate Members and Corporate Sponsors. These currently include:
- Free three months subscription to Linux Voice Magazine with access to back-issues (electronic version).
- 30% off NGINX's nginx.conf registration.
- 20% off O'Reilly's OSCON registration fees.
- 10% off both online & face to face Cumulus Linux training ($600 USD): hands-on practice helps you come up to speed quickly to install, deploy, configure, and operate Cumulus Linux.
- 10% off Linux Foundation conference, e.g. LinuxCon and CloudOpen