Becoming an OSI Individual Member provides several benefits. From an organizational and operational perspective, Individual Members enjoy a direct role in defining the direction and identifying the leadership of the OSI. Each year OSI Individual Members may nominate and vote for OSI Board Directors, as well as run for a Director seat themselves. With five members of the Board representing the Individual Membership, as a constituent you're a vital part of the OSI and the open source community.
In addition to your role within OSI governance and leadership, OSI Individuals also receive several premiums through our Affiliate Members and Corporate Sponsors. These currently include:
- 20% off training from Linux Foundation. The Linux Foundation is uniquely positioned to provide the high quality, vendor neutral training on a range of cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes and Blockchain.
- 15% off Open Source Technology Management online courses at Brandeis University
- 15% off IT Leadership and IT Management training, workshops, and coaching from Hallmentum
- 10% off both online & face to face Cumulus Linux training ($600 USD value).
- 10% off at Adafruit.com, an Open-Source Hardware manufacturer.