This page lists OSI’s press releases and announcements.
Please note that since 2005, most OSI announcements have been published via the OSI Board Blog and mailing lists.
2010 Press Releases and Announcements
- March 25, 2010: The Open Source Initiative Opposes Barriers To Open Source Software For Television
- The Open Source Initiative Board has added OSI to the list of organizations asking that the BBC not be allowed to add digital restriction measures to digital broadcasts in the United Kingdom. The BBC’s request to do so is being reviewed by the UK regulator, OfCOM, and OSI is supporting the position statement from the UK’s Open Rights Group and encouraging others to do likewise.
- March 5, 2010: The Open Source Initiative Categorically Rejects IIPA’s special pleadings against Open Source
- The entire position taken by IIPA against Open Source is unbalanced. It relies on outdated definitions, special interests and a fear of innovation and new business model opportunities. It blends them together to abuse an outdated mechanism of the US government with a condemnation that applies to the US itself. America has a role in defending free markets around the world. The IIPA’s stance does not support that role, and should not be respected.
Archived Press Releases and Announcements
- 2 April 2008:
- Open Source Initiative (OSI) Announces Results of 2008 Board Election
- 1 March 2005:
- Open Source Initiative (OSI) Announces New Interim President
- 31 January 2005:
- OSI announces expanded programs, counsel, and board
- 09 October 2001:
- OSI letter of comment on W3C’s proposed RAND policy
- 16 June 1999:
- Announcement of “OSI Certified” Open Source Mark
- 16 March 1999:
- OSI Clarifies The Status Of APSL
- 25 November 1998:
- An Open Letter to AOL
- 22 November 1998:
- OSI Launch Announcement