The OSI Board is very pleased to announce that five significant organisations have applied for and been granted Affiliate Membership of the Open Source Initiative, including the first User Group. Additionally, Affiliate Membership is now open to applications from any eligible open source group. The new Affiliates are:
- AFUL, Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de Logiciels Libres (French speaking Libre Software Users' Association)
- The Document Foundation, home to the LibreOffice community
- The OuterCurve Foundation, working to enable the exchange of code and understanding among software companies and open source communities
- OW2, the open source community for infrastructure software
- The Wikimedia Foundation, which operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, a top-ten internet property
A warm welcome to each of them! They join a strong existing Affiliate Membership. Full details of OSI Affiliate Membership and the names of the Affiliate Members are now available on OSI's Affiliate Membership pages together with details for other non-profit and not-for profit organisations on how to join.