Faidon (17:50 UTC onwards)
Expected, but Not Present
- Motion to approve minutes (Tabled)
- Treasurer's report (Josh), see Appendix A
- Amazon renewal
- Digital Ocean renewal
- Twitter rejoined
- Three new sponsors: Daily Fantasy Cafe, Lineups, The Hand Wrist Institute
- Sponsorship prospectus developed (annual and anniversary event).
- Review and update Conflict of Interest policy (Patrick to send around to Board for final review).
- Expecting all expenses and financials to be rolled up to close the books for 2018.
- President's report:
- 12 events in last 10 weeks. Provided excellent community representation, Affiliate and sponsor recruitment.
- Great to see progress with License summariser role
- Great to see new affiliate progress
- Standards work report below
- CiviCRM update (Patrick)
- Member portal
- Affiliate portal
- Sponsor management
- Review of yearly plan (Patrick)
- New contract for Jan. & Feb. 2019, $40,000. Once we pay out the February contract, we'll have around $6K left for other ClearlyDefined work.
- New DRAFT contract for Lukas Atkinson, to write summaries of License-Review and License Discuss for Board review.
- LPI affiliate membership (Simon)
- Would like to have LPI members (all carefully qualified) to become OSI members as well
- Happy to contribute in any way, including financially
- Simon will put Patrick in contact with LPI rep to discuss implementation.
- Affiliate Assembly? <-- Italo?
- Will do call first to prime them for further contact
- Molly will draft an email to confirm affiliate contact info (before the call, naturally)
- Any comments on Patrick's CiviCRM instructions?
- Please put all affiliate & sponsor leads into Civi from here on out
- State of the "Statment of reaffirmation of OSD"
- Inputs have been provided.
- Asking Board to think about gaining signatures, how to communicate, were to post, etc. and add to document.
- Patrick & Molly: Look at petitions option in Civi.
- FLOSS Desktops for Kids update
- ~$6K so far
- GNOME offered $1K as a matching donation
- Money to pay Sienna College intern to manage the orgs involved w/the project
- License review report writer (Patrick)
- Sample contract sent to candidate
- Update on license approval process posting (Richard)
- License Review report
- Libpng - recommend to withdraw and rework
- SSPL - still in play
- Mailman changes to improve deliverability?
- Patrick to forward Rick's message to our mailman folks & get them to change DMARC settings
- Standards Project report
- Intel is cranky that folks are pressing for RF terms on standards, want OSI to stop pressing for it
- Simon & Bruce have a call with Intel to discuss this
- JRC questionaire?
- Can we email affiliates about this, please?
- Simon will draft an email, Patrick will send it out
The next OSI board meeting is scheduled for January 10, 2019
Meeting adjourned at...
Motion (): Approve and post the meeting minutes of __________ .
Vote: 0 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain.
Treasurer's Report as of November 30, 2018
Total Assets at Beginning of Period (11/01/18)
Revenue or Sources of Funds
- Contributions: $4,359
- Memberships: $960
- Interest: $8
Total Revenue or Sources of Funds:
Expenses or Uses of Funds
- Compensation: $10,205
- Legal & Professional Fees: $3,253
- Office Expenses: $64
- Program Service Expense: $20,000
- Promotional Expense: $0
- Travel & Entertainment: $8,066
- Other Expenses: $1,628
Total Expenses or Uses of Funds:
Change in Accounts Payable:
Total Assets at Beginning of Period (11/30/18):
Open Source Initiative: ClearlyDefined Balance Sheet as of November 30, 2018
ASSETS | 11/30/18 (Actual) | 02/28/18 (Projected) (1) |
- Cash-Clearly Defined | $91,239 | $6,130 |
- Total Banking | $91,239 | $6,130 |
Total Assets | $91,239 | $6,130 |
LIABILITIES AND EQUITY
- Accounts Payable | $24,652 | $0 See AP Aging |
- Total Equity | $24,652 | $0 |
- Temporarily Restricted Net Assets-Clearly Defined | $66,587 | $6,130 |
- Total Equity | $66,587 | $6,130 |
Total Liabilities and Equity | $66,587 | $6,130 |
(1) Based on projected contract payments and wire transfer fees for December 2018-February 2019
Board Action Items