October 12th 2016 Board Meeting Minutes
Quorum reached and meeting called to order at 17:06 UTC.
Expected, but Not Present
- Motion to approve minutes (Patrick)
- Treasurer’s report (Mike), see Appendix A
- Vote on new Affiliate Darbar College (see Appendix)
- End-of-year fundraising drive.
- Migration of hosting to new data center
Review of Timeline
- Planning Timeline
Next Board Meeting
- The next OSI board meeting will be the second of our biannual Face to Face Board Meetings: November 14 & 15, Paris, France
Meeting adjourned at.: 17:58 UTC.
Motion (Patrick): Approve and post the meeting minutes of Sept 14, 2016.
Vote: 4 Yes; 0 No; 4 Abstain.
Motion (Patrick): Approve the educational affiliate application of Darbar Group.
Discussion: Review of qualifications and recognition of geographic diversity.
Vote: 8 Yes; 0 No; 0 Abstain.
Appendix A – Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer’s Report For the Month Ending September 30, 2016
- Total Assets at Beginning of Period: $86,481.78
- May and June pymts to OpenHatch made in Sept. -455.19
- Corrected Total Assets at Beginning of Period $86,936.97
Income or Sources of Funds:
- Contributions: $135.00
- Memberships: $600 (16 x $40)
- Open Hatch: Received $ 99.49 paid $609.07 diff -509.58
- Snowdrift: $0
- Interest: $0.77
- Commissions: $0
Total Income or Sources of Funds: $ 226.19
Expenses or Uses of Funds for Operations:
- Payroll $ 9029.59
- Professional $ 1115.99
- Bank Fees $ 16.75
- Supplies $ 0
- Postage, Shipping $ 0
- Software $ 0
- Conferences/Conv $ 525.96
- Meetings $ 0
- Website Hosting $ 0
- Paypal $ 24.51
Total Expenses or Uses of Funds for Operations: $ 10,732.71
Total Assets at End of Period $ 76,430.45
Major Contributions 2016: Invoiced not received in bold
- Previous Sponsor: $ 25000 unsolicited
- Previous Sponsor: $ 20000 invoiced 01/11/16 received 04/08/16 received 02/10/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 20000 invoiced 12/09/15 received 02/10/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 5000 invoiced 10/15/15 received 12/2/15
- Previous Sponsor: $ 7500 invoiced 12/14/15 paid 02/10/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 20000 invoiced 3/3/16 paid 03/07/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 25000 invoiced 6/3/16 Paid 7/7/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 5000 Invoiced 6/10/16 Paid 8/18/16
- New Sponsor: $ 1000 Invoiced 6/20/16
- New Sponsor: $ 20000 not yet invoiced 9/13/16
- Previous Sponsor: $
- Previous Sponsor: 2017 contribution invoiced 11/09/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 20000 invoiced 8/5/16 paid 8/18/16
- Previous Sponsor: $ 1000 invoiced paid 8/22/16
- Previous Sponsor: $
- New Sponsor: $ 10000 Unsolicited contribution received 7/27/16
- New Sponsor: $1000 invoiced and received 10/5/1
- OSI Balance Sheet 093016
- OSI Income and Expense Quarterly Report 093016
- OSI OpenHatch Transactions 093016
- OSI Transactions Detail Mo End 093016
Appendix B – New Affiliate Application
Darbar Group of Institutions – Darbar College
Institution is currently recognized and in good standing by an appropriate accreditation body.
✓ See “< ahref="https://wiki.opensource.org/bin/download/Main/Communities/Affiliates/Affiliate_Status/WebHome/ISO_CERTIFICATE.jpg">Certificate of Registration.” Darbar is also is affiliated to Rani Channamma University, Belagavi.
Evidence of institutional/departmental authority to affiliate with external organizations.
✓ See cover letter from Darbar Principal.
Mission statement describing purpose and goals of institution/department.
✓ Included in cover letter and on website.
Documentation by the institution recognizing organization (academic and administrative departments only), e.g. organizational chart.
✓ Darbar College is one of several institutions supported by the DWARKADAS VITHALDAS DARBAR MEMORIAL TRUST. Courses and curricula can be found here.
Publicly available release of a product(s) or service(s) in line with the goals, values and mission of the OSI.
✓ Darbar provided a list of courses which both focus on open source development and open source tools.
Examples of software used and/or supported within the institution/department with an OSI approved open source license.
✓ List provided here.
An active community:
Methods for current and interested individuals/organizations to join and participate in your community
Active participation from multiple contributors, i.e. individuals and organizations other than founders (contributions may be other than programming/technology)
✓ Darbar has hosted a Mozilla Web Literacy workshop in 2016 and 2015.
References from other open source projects, ideally a current OSI Affiliate Member.
✓ Mozilla’s “Student Ambassador” Shreyas Narayanan is working with Darbar and introduced the campus to the OSI.