I am an Open Source Software developer and advocate in Robotics, part of the Open Robotics non profit organization. Among other things we are known for being the stewards of some of the worldwide most popular robotics software such as ROS or the Ignition-Gazebo Simulator. I am also an active FOSSASIA maintainer and mentor supporting the Eventyay project and helping organize Summits and events as well as many workshops to raise awareness and adoption of open source technologies.
My path in the open source world started a long time back during my early college days when my eagerness to learn and improve led me to participate in different Open Source communities. I started volunteering in many international conferences in Spain and founded the Madrid branch of Iniciativa Focus, a group that promotes Open Source in different parts of Spain.
After I moved to Singapore, where I am currently based, I quickly became a supporter of the local hackerspace and I have been actively advocating for open source in the region through my engagement with FOSSASIA and Open Robotics Org.
- I would work together with other board members to strengthen the OSI's value proposition to its affiliates.
- I would establish a closer connection and more exchange with the affiliates to identify areas where OSI can support or collaborate with them
- I would advocate for the adoption of open source licenses in the developer community, start-ups, academic institutions and the robotics ecosystem.
- I would actively promote OSI and OSI's programs in Europe and Asia.
- I can contribute my unique experience in the Open Source Robotics context: a case where open source is powering a fast and strong development due to the boost in collaboration between many parts with different goals like research and education entities, companies and communities that Open Source provides.
- I have the exhaustive experience in the many aspects of the open source ecosystem: volunteer, speaker, organizer, coder, maintainer and mentor.
- I have a strong drive for open source and the tireless efforts and willingness to spread its awareness and adoption showcasing its benefits.