We’re looking for a skilled relationship-builder and excellent communicator who is grounded in Open Source competency and motivated by working collaboratively with others to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks.
The Program Coordinator position at the Open Source Initiative is central to the success of our Policy, Legal, and Advocacy programs. We’re seeking someone who excels in project planning and execution, working closely with our team. This role requires experience in managing diverse volunteers and contributors to ensure timely results. Your responsibilities will include program planning, operational duties, and the flexibility to collaborate with teams across various time zones. If you have expertise in program development and non-profit fundraising, we’d love to hear from you.
Candidates for these positions should be comfortable working remotely within time zones compatible with Europe and the US Pacific, with the willingness to travel internationally when necessary. Join us in making a real impact on the global open-source community as a Program Coordinator at the Open Source Initiative, where your organizational skills and collaborative spirit will shine.
For this full-time position, the OSI can offer a total compensation in the range of $70,000-$80,000, depending on the experience of the candidate.
- Work with executive leadership to design and implement campaigns and projects valuable for OSI’s stakeholders.
- Plan and execute community events, professional forums and policy consultations, online and in person.
- Recruit, retain and develop volunteers to help specific projects.
- Own the Programs web pages, keep them up to date to show the most relevant activities in a timely manner
- Communicate periodically with the relevant stakeholders, via newsletter and blog posts
- Own the development of the quarterly activity reports for sponsors and other stakeholders
- Develop automated processes that increase capability for the team (ex: how to better track trademark abuses)
Education and Experience
- 2-3-year job-related experience, such as working in a non-profit organization, managing volunteer programs, event management, or project or product management
- Experience working in a volunteer organization, either as staff or as a volunteer
Areas of Interest
- Open Source licenses and legal issues
- Public policy and standards development
- Digital marketing, advocacy and outreach
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Excellent planning and project management skills across multiple projects of different scales and paces
- Proven good communication skills in English
- Experienced in research, writing, social media, and multimedia production
- Excellent in budgeting, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Competent with WordPress and creative suites (Open Source tools preferred)
- Familiar with CRM and sales automation tools
- Exceptional ability to work productively both independently and in an all-remote collaborative team setting
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasionally on weekends and evenings to accommodate timezone differences and special events