You are here

OSI Board Meeting Minutes, Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Quorum

Quorum reached and meeting called to order at 16:07 UTC.

Attendees

Board Members

  1. Deborah Bryant, Director
  2. Karl Fogel, Treasurer
  3. Martin Michlmayr, Secretary
  4. Mike Milinkovich, Director
  5. Bruno Souza, Director
  6. Luis Villa, Director
  7. Tony Wasserman, Director

Guests

  1. Patrick Masson, General Manager (effective November 8)

Expected, but Not Present

  1. Richard Fontana, Director
  2. Harshad Gune, Director
  3. Mark Radcliffe, General Counsel

Sent Regrets

  1. Simon Phipps, President

Agenda

  1. Minutes Review and Approval
  2. Officer Reports
  3. Committee Reports
  4. Old Business
  5. New Business
  6. Action items
  7. Next Board Meeting

Minutes Review and Approval

The Board reviewed the minutes of the October 2 and October 9 meetings. Bryant moved that the Board approve the minutes. Milinkovich seconded. Minutes approved by general consent.

Officer Reports

President's Report (Phipps)

No report submitted.

Secretary's Report (Michlmayr)

  • The following minutes have to be reviewed by the Board for approval:
    • October 2, 2013
    • October 9, 2013
  • The following approved minutes have been posted to opensource.org:
    • September 4, 2013

Treasurer's Report (Fogel)

No report submitted.

General Counsel's Report (Radcliffe)

No report submitted.

Committee Reports

(Listed in alphabetical order)

Outreach and Learning (Wasserman)

Wasserman is trying to get momentum behind FLOSSBOK. Bryant would like to discuss this topic in more detail at the face-to-face meeting the following week. Milinkovich mentioned a similar effort that is underway and which we could join forces.

Licensing (Villa)

Villa reported that some objections to the NASA license have been raised and we're currently waiting a response from NASA.

We are still waiting for the final version of the EUPL to be published before approving it.

A new license has been proposed on the list but quickly rejected as non-OSD compliant.

Villa created a page on open source license tools. This may lead to a page on license choosers.

Individual Members (Souza)

Souza reported no updates.

Affiliate Members (Fontana)

No report submitted.

Corporate Relations (Milinkovich)

Milinkovich would like to create a page on our web site thanking our corporate donors.

Administrative Committees

Communications (Phipps)

No report submitted.

IT Infrastructure Committee (Souza)

No report submitted.

Staffing Committee (Bryant)

The staffing committee reports:

  • GM hire Masson is now complete on requisite paperwork and ready to officially start November 8.
  • Payroll process is in place via OSI accountant.
  • GM Orientation and Planning Meeting agenda is organized and set for Monday November 11 and considers this on-boarding process its last official task
  • Staffing Committee chair will call for committee to Sunset effective Tuesday November 12

Bryant made the motion to sunset the Staffing Committee effective November 11 now that the committee has completed the hiring of a General Manager. Michlmayr seconded. The motion passed. Milinkovich acknowledged the great job Bryant did.

Old Business

Review of Action Items

  • Fogel: work on fiscal sponsorship agreement with OpenHatch. Status: done.
  • Milinkovich and Fogel: add corporate contacts to CiviCRM. Status: obsolete. Fogel thinks the new General Manager should handle these contacts.
  • Souza: set up a new Google Analytics account.
  • Souza: coordinate next membership newsletter.
  • Souza: work with infrastructure to upgrade CiviCRM (needed to send membership renewals).
  • Souza: send out membership renewal emails.
  • Villa: provide feedback on privacy statement.
  • Villa: update FAQ to explain the importance of licensing your code correctly.
  • All Committees Chairs: propose charter for board approval.

New Business

  • Fiscal sponsorship agreement with OpenHatch: Bryant made the motion to approve the fiscal sponsorship agreement with OpenHatch as proposed by Karl Fogel contingent on approval of the agreement by our general counsel. Villa seconded. The motion passed.

Action Items

  • Milinkovich: create page to thank corporate donors.

Next Board Meeting

The next OSI board face-to-face meeting meeting is scheduled for Tuesday to Wednesday, November 12-3, 2013 in San Francisco.

The next OSI board phone meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 4, 2013.

Meeting adjourned at 16:32 UTC.