- Mr Michael Tiemann, President
- Ms Danese Cooper, Secretary
- Mr Russ Nelson, Director
- Mr Ken Coar, Director
- Ms Laura Majerus, Legal Affairs (Observer)
- Mr Mark Radcliffe, Counsel (Observer)
- Mr Ernest Prabhakar (Board observer)
- Mr David Axmark (Board observer)
Meeting called to order at 09:15 PDT with voting quorum established
EuroOSCON wrapup: 2nd Content sprint, major impressions
- Mr Tiemann's wrapup: Open Source most popular tag, maybe licensing not so irrelevant in Europe (as Mr Tim O'Reilly (O'Reilly Media) suggested in Portland). Mr. Tiemann expressed some disappointment that despite the conference location in Brussels, not many EU government officials are attending.
- Ms Cooper suggested that FOSDEM would be a good next venue.
- New website, where we are and what are next steps: Mr Tiemann believes we are within striking distance of getting the website completed. Punchlist includes bulk import of licenses which Mr Steve Mallet (webmaster) is supposed to do. Discussion of which license to use? Default Wikipedia license? Ms Majerus will figure out which license we should use.
- Fundraising committee: One check was received last month, and discussions are ongoing to solicit additional funding for OSI operations.
- Finance: Ms Cooper reports on deposits and cash reserves.
- License Proliferation: Report is probably ready to publish (Mr Tiemann proposes a vote for the November 8th meeting). We will publish it in an open format. Mr Sameer Verma (defining the specifications for the Licence Wizard) wants a specification about how the interface should change. Mr Verma is at San Francisco State University. Ms Cooper will speak with him.
Planning agenda (and assignments) for 2007
- Status and evolution of committees
Pending Topic Meetings
- Open Standards Requirement, where are we and what are next steps?
- GPLv3 meeting Tuesday the 17th @ 10:00am PDT (in person meeting at DLA Piper)
- Mandatory Attribution Clauses, do we have a strategy? Thursday the 19th @ 8:00am PDT
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 PDT.